Saturday, May 18, 2013

Meddlin' Mom

Meddlin' Mom
(A middle class home. A woman answers a knock on the door.)

Visitor: Hi, Mrs Fidgewick. Is Stacy home?

Mrs Fidgewick: Not at the moment. Are you the girl who beat her out for the lead in the play?

Visitor: Your daughter is very talented, but the teacher thought I looked more tragic. I came to give her this peace offering. (She hands over a wrapped present.)

Mrs Fidgewick: You didn't need to do that. Stacy's glad you won the part. Now she can spend more time with Duncan.

Visitor: Duncan Bradley?

Mrs Fidgewick: Yes, that's the boy. He thinks high school theater is square.

(A few hours later, an excited Stacy returns home.)

Stacy: Mom! I got the part! Stephanie dropped out!

Mrs Fidgewick: I knew you could do it! (They hug.)

Voice: She was the kind of mom who wanted her daughter to have everything...

(A malt shop. Stacy's fortyish mom is disguised as a teen.)

Teen Girl #1: Who are you voting for?

Teen Girl #2: I'm voting for Allison.

Teen Girl #3: So am I. Who are you voting for?

Mrs Fidgewick: I'm voting for Stacy.

Teen Girl #1: Stacy? But she wants to bring back corporal punishment in schools!

Mrs Fidgewick: I know, but Allison tortures helpless animals.

Teen Girl #1: (After shuddering) No way!

Mrs Fidgewick: Wa-ay. They caught her in the park with a whole bag of cat's tails.

Teens: Wow!

Voice: The meddling never stops on Meddlin' Mom, tonight - only on this channel.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment