Thursday, May 16, 2013

Classic Flicks: My Fair Hillbilly

Classic Flicks: My Fair Hillbilly
Voice: He grew up on the wrong side of the swamp, leaving him with a crippling accent...

(A city street. The hillbilly approaches two black men for directions.)

Hillbilly: Can you boys help me out?

Man #1: Who are you calling boys?

Hillbilly: Well y'all sure don't look like girls! I's a new boy in this here locality and I's a-wonderin if y'all knew where I could get some grits.

Man #2: Some what?

Hillbilly: Grits. You know, pickled pig's ears, chicken fried cornbread, maybe some watermelon to wash it down.

Man #1: There's a soup kitchen over there.

Hillbilly: Over yonder? What kinda soup does they serve? I's allergic to black-eyed peas.

Man #1: Man, get the Hell away from us.

Hillbilly: What did I say?

Voice: ...until a prominent speech therapist took an interest in him...

(A parlour.)

Therapist: Repeat after me: the utilization of polysyllabic terms is not in itself invincible evidence of an elevated intelligence quotient.

Hillbilly: Come again?

Voice: ...and at last he was able to talk to city slickers without offending them.

(Back on the street, the hillbilly, in a new suit, approaches the same two men for help.)

Hillbilly: Excuse me, gentlemen, can you direct me to the nearest financial institution? I wish to withdraw a large amount of currency from my account.

(The two men leer at each other.)

Man #1: Actually, we were just about to do the same thing. Why don't we all go there together?

Hillbilly: Well now, that's right neighbourly! I mean, that's most hospitable of you. (Exit all three with the two men flanking the hillbilly on both sides.)

Voice: Don't miss Crawdaddy Aimes in his most memorable role as Classic Flicks presents My Fair Hillbilly. Tonight.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment