Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Top Secret Secrets of the Vatican

Top Secret Secrets of the Vatican
In 1633, Galileo Galilee was persuaded by the holy inquisition to retract his findings on the movement of the planets. A record of his confession can still be found in the Vatican library.

I, Galileo Galilee, do hereby confess, in the presence of the most holy bishops and cardinals, to the accidental crime of saying that the Earth goes around the Sun. That was a typo. You see, I am now past seventy and it puts a strain on my hand to copy out all my notes in Times New Roman without a printing press. So sometimes when I mix a sentence up I just leave it as it is and I count on the reader to indulge it as an error. I always held that the Sun goes around the Earth. And so all did my ancestors before me. If you check you'll find my grandfather, Galliano Galilee, is on the record not only for saying that the Sun goes around the Earth, but for increasing taxes to help pay for public domes...
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment